Monday, December 12, 2005

Birthdays Galore


November is the beginning of the year's birthday run. More than half of my family and friends celebrate their birthdays in November and December. That includes me and Jonathan.

We had a great get-together at our dinky apartment on Saturday, November 12, 2005 to celebrate Jon's and ....surprise! ....Phil's birthday. I had planned an all-out menu of mostly Malaysian food like curry puffs, beef rendang and fried fragrant chicken. Check out the Blackforest Cake I made for my husband!

Then, four weeks later, it's my turn to be surprised with a birthday party. It was at Tiffany and Stephen's place and they had gotten take out from Asia Bowl, a Pan-Asian Restaurant with some Malaysian dishes. Mee Goreng, Pad Thai and Spicy Chicken Wings.....Yummy!!!

It was really great to spend my birthday with my closest friends. Not to mention that amazing Banana Pecan Cake that Ammar made for me. Super Yummy!!!

Company is everything, don't you think?

2 comments:

cEntuRIoNniess said...

So when can I have a taste of your cake?? the next time I go to Ft. Worth?

Foodie Queen said...

Sure! No problem....so when are you coming back next?