Monday, May 12, 2008

No need for a special day.

Blessed.

Very blessed.

That's how I feel every night when I go to bed. Okay, so it's harder to focus in on that sometimes. Some days the feeling is a little stronger than on others. Sometimes, I need a swift kick in the rear to remember. On some other days, I have to fight tooth and nail, and maybe bleed a little before reluctantly surrendering to the fact that no matter how crappy my day has been, no matter how many unfortunate events rain themselves on me, I have, in truth, many things to be incredibly thankful for:


My beautiful, funny, smart, and goofy baby girl.

My incredibly loving and supportive husband, who is my pillar of strength and challenges me to face the cruel world with my chin up and a smile.

My wonderful parents who have always been around for me.

My brilliant, crazy little sister who inspires me endlessly.

My handful of few, but fiercely supportive group of true friends; some of whom my sanity and well-being dearly depend on.


Today I am able to write this, probably because I'm on the upswing of the roller-coaster that I'm perpetually riding on, so that on inevitable low, low days I will be able to come back and read upon this and remember.


3 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Aww.. rollercoasters can be fun with the right ppl eh?

Glad to hv u in my life thru the ups & downs. U're probably the rare few who understands. Makes me feel less of a freak. Hehehe...

Love u forever.. missing you always!

cEntuRIoNniess said...

It's always good to reflect and when you think everything's down and out against you, life will throw a "pelampung" your way.
Remember, I love you and I will be here (or there) for you whenever you need me!! MUACKS!!!

Foodie Queen said...

Need a pelampung NOW!!!!