Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Post Valentine jackpot (Thankful List Day 45)

Pardon the late, late posting. I've not been able to catch up with the blogging because of multiple factors pretty much all colliding into each other.

To follow up a pretty laid-back V-day, I usually pay a yearly pilgrimage to various stores to take advantage of a post V-day discount. Most items are marked down at least 50%. I had a couple of things in mind that I needed to get and headed to the mall.

Very successful trip, indeed. Procured what I intended to get at the said 50% off. *laughing with glee*

That was followed by a grocery store visit, and since I was near the Super Target up north, I headed there instead of the usual Kroger. Boy, was that a fun trip! I found some Ghirardelli dark chocolates marked down 75% and loaded up on a few packages. See, after having navigated through a few years worth of post-holiday shopping, I know Target's price markdown processes like the back of my hand.

On the day of said holiday, sometimes they mark down the products to 20% off just for competitiveness. The very next day, it's immediately marked down 30-50% off. And if you wait just a tad bit longer, they continue marking down the products 50 - 75% off. Unfortunate side of waiting is that sometimes what you wanted will usually be gone. So, I got lucky this time!!

The chocolates are sitting in my pantry closet waiting for a long-distance flight back to KL.

3 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

There are (sadly) no good chocolates waiting for you here in KL.... just a lot of eager anticipation & hugs prepared for your arrival. ;)

Counting down the days..56 more to go

Foodie Queen said...

Which is why I'm bringing those chocolates home lorrrrr....aiiiii :p

Can't wait to get home!!!

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

yes yes!! i get it!!!

COME BACK FASTER!!!

Teh tarik & roti canai waiting! :D