Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Stop and smell the roses


I've been doing a fair share of food blogs exploration lately, and I have to say I'm embarrassed how my blog turned out. It started out with some amount of food postings, then things went, well, a little south. Past few posts were just downright depressing. My apologies...

I think I ought to let this blog live up to its name a little. Hence, let me share my little raspberry-orange cakelets. I used a cute rose cakelet pan, which I received as a wedding gift. I believe it was a limited-edition item from William-Sonoma. The cakelets themselves are just a plain cupcake recipe, which I added some thawed frozen raspberries and a tiny amount of orange oil and zest.

Light, fluffy, sweet and tart at the same time. How wonderful if life could be that way all the time?

5 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Oh well... life would be boring without a little hiccup here and there. ;)

But sweet are the moments spent with friends & loved ones ya?

Charlene n Kevin said...

Hey there!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Would you be ok with me linking your blog to mine? :D

Cheers!

Foodie Queen said...

Hey Charlene,

Yeah, it's completely fine. Go ahead and link your blog. I'm not too good about keeping up with it though, just so you know...hehehe....

Delicia said...

so so so pretty. soooooooo pretty.
i would love to have u do some for my wedding if my budget permits.. or how about bridal shower... sooooooooooo pretty laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Foodie Queen said...

No problem, my dear cousin. We shall discuss this further when i get home. In the meantime, think up some ideas of what you'd like me to make :)