Monday, February 02, 2009

And on the seventh day... (Thankful List Day 32)

I used to not like Sundays because it led straight to Mondays. I've felt this way since I was a child dreading school, all the way through adulthood, dreading the start of the work week. Yeah, I know that's quite sad, but that is the sort of person I am. It's hard for me to enjoy and be in the moment, because I tend to focus negatively on the inevitable fact that good times tend to end.

Nowadays, I love Sundays. Because Jon doesn't have to work that day. When he was at Central Market, he'd have to work occasional Sundays just because they are a grocery store and are open seven days a week. However, being at a liquor store now, it is mandatory that they close on Sunday due to state laws.

We can enjoy a leisurely breakfast, have dim sum, go to the mall or park and just hang out on our own timetable. I suppose I'm slowly learning to live in the present and little by little, gradually giving up the illusion of control.

No comments: