Sunday, February 08, 2009

Furry People (Thankful List Day 37)

It's a typical Sunday night. I'm sitting on my bed, movie on tv and laptop on my uh,..lap. Sprinkles is curled up right next to me, fast asleep. She's so precious when she's asleep. Then again, she's usually very sweet, but very precocious and naughty.

Chino is all curled up in his own bed, probably dreaming of birds, kitty treats and running free.
He's also incredibly sweet and gentle with us, lightly touching us with his paw and meowing softly as if to say "hi, I love you." or maybe he's trying to say "lemme outta here, you punk!". If only I understood cat-speak.

Tigger used to be a loud and obnoxious fixture in this household, THE baby of the household even after Elyse had arrived, up until six months ago. We had to send him off to live with Lisa after a number of 'accidents' with Elyse. Those two were like oil and water, ...or more appropriately, flame and gasoline..LOL!! Now, he's an even louder and more obnoxious presence in Lisa's home.

It's amazing to see what different personalities they have. Chino is the oldest of the three, and was always looking after the others until they grew wayyyy bigger than him. I'd always find him grooming the other two cats like a protective older brother. Sprinkles is THE alpha cat, even though she's female, she never hesitates to let you know who's boss. However, she's incredibly gentle with Elyse. She sometimes sleeps under Elyse's crib, and will be right there with her when she wakes up. And, gosh...I cannot imagine another animal putting up with Elyse's 'gentle pats', i.e. really hard smacks, on either head, back or side. Or tail-pulling for that matter.

At this point in time, I am going through a series of emotions about moving home, and having to leave the cats here with new owners. I know they would be better off staying here. I refuse to put them through a very traumatic move just so they can end up in a completely different environment which may do them more harm than good. I know I will miss them terribly, especially since they were my babies before Elyse came along. But I suppose, here is where we come to the fork in the road, and we'll have to go down one lane and they will have...oh, new territory to haunt. At the end of the day, I know they will be happy.

No comments: