Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Playing favourites (Thankful List Day 37)

I am running behind on the blogging!!! Gahhh....
Things just got a little carried away and next thing I knew, I'm three days behind. Ughh!!
Keeping up with this resolution can be really difficult somedays.

I was sitting in the car one day, parked in front of Target because Miss Elyse decided that she'd take a nap in the car five minutes after I left home. Fortunately, I had a book with me to read - 'Good In Bed' by Jennifer Weiner. Yeah, I'm a whole decade behind on this one, but I managed to catch up quickly and finished the sequel too. In one part of the book, the main character is asked what her absolute favourite food is. That got me thinking....really...hard.

What an absolutely loaded question! I suppose some people can name very specific favourite foods but to narrow it down to one is probably very difficult. My personal favourites would be um,..er...eh..ooh, how do I decide? See, see??!? It's not easy to choose between roti canai, curry noodles, tom yam goong, brothy Taiwanese or Mandarin noodles with 'char choy' (spicy szechuan pickled mustard root), ever-favourite nasi lemak, bak kut teh, 'pan mee', 'char kway teow'....I could go on and on...and that's just Malaysian favourites.

Okay, one thing that I'm VERY sure of is that my absolute favourite food is definitely Malaysian. In fact, I'd say my top thirty favourite foods would be Malaysian or Asian to say the least. I do have other favourites from other cuisines, which I will get into in another post.

I'd love to hear from the rest of you about your own favourite foods. Perhaps we share a few in common.

No comments: