Thursday, January 22, 2009

All booked up. (Thankful List Day 21)

I had no idea we had so many books until I went through our storage facility last weekend to inventory what we had. Yesterday, Jon and I went through all the boxes with books and paper materials and had a great time chucking them into 'keep', 'sell' and well...trash.

Well, I guess I had a great time - spring cleaning is so therapeutic for me. Was just telling Lisa that I can breathe better now after that ordeal. Jon, however, had a slightly more difficult time. He was crouched on the floor, amidst the boxes and piles of books, and was slowly reading through some of them. He had bit of an anguished look on his face which made me feel terrible.

I knew it was time for some of these books to go, and Jon understands. He's always been quite a pack rat. I've realized over the years that few things hold sentimental value for me. It might sound sad to some of you, but fact is new things don't stay new, and to be able to see them for functional material goods and nothing more, frees me from the bondage that is so paralyzing for some.

Of course, good news for people like me is that an awesome place known as Half-Price book. It's a store that buys and sells used books, DVDs and other media. So, yours truly dumped all the boxes in the back of my trusty Highlander and drove off eagerly to the closest HPB store. Got me a fair amount for the whole enchilada *woohoo*.

Now, let's see what else I can dig up to sell....

2 comments:

cEntuRIoNniess said...

its a good way to let go.... i think it helps u not feel so sluggish

Foodie Queen said...

i hardly made a dent, but i'm encouraged...so pray for me!