Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My chariot of fire (Thankful List Day 12)

It's almost been a year that I've had my Highlander. We bought the car when everything seemed to be going right, or so we thought. The bad news came about a month after that and put us in a huge quandary. Somehow we managed to hang on to it even though times were rough.

It is the only real luxury I have in my life. I don't have any fancy clothes or electronics, but when I'm cruising around in my dependable SUV, I feel like everything is alright, and I have no worries. It's all good when I'm zooming around town.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to give up my little chariot. It's been a financial burden for too long and sadly, it's my fault for not wanting to let go. It was very nice while it lasted, and I'm glad that I got to have it for a while.

Farewell, my Highlander! I hope your next owner treats you better than we did.

No comments: