Monday, January 12, 2009

Wind Beneath My Wings....not joking (Thankful List Day 11)

If life is a stage show, and I am the star, then my parents have always been the people behind the scenes. At every turn of my life, they've always been there for me. They are always very supportive and encouraging, even if they don't believe in our causes, at first.

The past few years have been turbulent, and being far away from home and family has made it a lot harder to bear. But my parents have always been there, offering suggestions (sometimes good, sometimes not so good) and solutions. Most times, I'm just embarrassed to have to ask them for help again and again, but they've never complained, not even once. Always ready with a word of encouragement, or a care package or an injection of funds.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to depend on them a lot more in the next coming months. What with our preparations for the move home, followed by us moving in with them. It's going to be interesting, and it'll be mostly great, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing them so very much. I love you, mum and pa! Thank you for everything.

No comments: