Monday, January 19, 2009

Source of wedded inspiration (Thankful List Day 18)


My parents have been married 34 years today. And two years later, they had me. It sure seems like a long time ago. 34 years of marriage nowadays is almost an eternity, and very, very rare. It takes two very special people to make a relationship work, along with a whole lot of love, infinite patience, tested and strong tolerance, a fair amount of forgiving and forgetting and a sprinkling of good luck. (Last item not guaranteed)

Having been with my husband for 15 years, three of them married, I have had my fair share of ups and downs, and it is from my parents' marriage that I seek inspiration from. Therefore, I am thankful that they met, wed and had me so I could have my chance at having what they have.

Happy 34th Anniversary, mum and pa!!

No comments: