Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pineapples, tart pastry and sugar. Oh my! (Thankful List Day 23)


What can I say? I'm a real sucker for pineapple tarts. Always have been, since I was a kid. Not having access to them has made me venture out and make my own. I believe my first attempt was about 7 years ago (?)

I copied the recipe off Kuali.com and made mediocre tasting tarts. However, with a little experimenting here and there, I've managed to get my pineapple jam recipe down pat. Recent trials and tweaks with a pastry recipe yielded very good results. So I am happy to report that I have the perfect recipe now. Woohoo!!

It tickles me a lot to know that my recent photos of the tarts on FB created quite a funny commentary stream. I am so thankful for the many friends I can share these awesome tarts with, even if it's only 'virtual' :)

(Recipe will be posted at later date)

1 comment:

Charlene n Kevin said...

Hey! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Chinese New Year!! Gong Xi Gong Xi!