Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beginning of a New Era.(Thankful List Day 20)

Yesterday was an amazing day, one that will be remembered for a while. I followed President Obama's inauguration ceremony online via CNN.com's live streaming video. It's blows my mind to see how technology has evolved since the past year. Today, you can catch all news as it is happening, live over the internet.

As I was saying, I caught the inauguration live, and simultaneously enjoyed a great commentary session with a couple of friends. The ceremony moved us all in a very special way that has not happened since I can actively remember. Surprising, especially given the fact that these were friends from Malaysia and Singapore respectively. The hope and positive change that Obama inspires is far-reaching, further beyond the borders of this country and it's continent. I am very excited for my American friends, and take comfort in knowing that things will slowly, but surely improve for this country, and hereafter, for the rest of the world which mirrors this nation fervently.

His message resonates with me on a rather personal level - about overcoming adversity by thinking, and choosing our actions positively, and that ANYTHING is possible if we put our minds to it. It's nothing new. Yet, at this point in time, his confidence and belief in the missive multiplies its power a thousand fold.

A big change is about to happen in my life. A change that has me frightened, thrilled, anxious, excited, and empowered all at the same time. And I shall confront this change and embrace it wholeheartedly, with gladness, enthusiasm and fervour.

Thank you, President Obama.

1 comment:

cEntuRIoNniess said...

I watched the inauguration as well... he commands change and that everyone is responsible for their actions, thus working together is the only way...
and the fact that they had a neighbourhood ball was really great...

He is inspiring.