Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For me or for baby? (Thankful List Day 13)

I am very thankful for the plethora of baby products available here in the US. Even more thankful that most of them are very within reach, say...at the neighbourhood Target store. We finally were able to get a new toy for Elyse. One I've been eyeing for a while. It's very cute, looks and sounds very educational and should keep the tiny one busy for hours on end. Great for mommy *evil chuckle*

Other thing we got was a child safety harness. I have been debating whether to get one for the past year. Initially, my thought was that Elyse needs to learn her boundaries without me tying her up. However, recent events have changed my mind. She is still too young to understand the dangers that are at every corner, and I have to do whatever it takes to keep her safe. There will be places where she can run around free with close supervision from me - at the playground, or in the garden behind our apartment. But not at the library, or the mall. Very, very terrifying.

Tomorrow we take the doggie harness for a spin since it's library day(it has a cute doggie soft toy attached to it, not a harness for a doggie), and we'll see how it goes.

No comments: