Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hitting the bottle (Thankful List Day 28)

I know this is a strange thing to be thankful for, but I am very thankful for alcohol. Yes, its mind-numbing abilities definitely need to be praised, but I'm referring to the fact that Jon still has a job because of it. According to the most recent inventory report, wine and liquor sales are up!!!

Times are tough and getting much tougher by the minute. Jobs are being cut left, right and centre. Companies declaring bankruptcy, asking for government handouts.....Everyone's asking for help. Funny thing is that a lot of people think help comes in bottles. I've found myself pouring a glass of wine or gin and juice. In fact, our makeshift bar is looking mighty empty. Hmm...

People tend to drink during hard times AND good times. Well, let them keep on drinking then so we can pay our bills and rent.

Bottom's up, everybody!

(Disclaimer: These thoughts and opinions are mine and mine alone. I will not entertain any comments about the evils of alcohol. )

No comments: