Monday, January 26, 2009

Preparing for the Ox (Thankful List Day 24)

Oops! Missed two days of posting. All due to the requisite cleaning and preparations to be done before CNY. It would have been easy had I started a week ago, but of course, I had to procrastinate and well... painfully crammed it all into two days.

Aside from the mandatory dusting, vacuuming and mopping, I also decided it would be a good idea to make some dried prawn sambal. And then went crazy with making mini rolls with said dried prawn sambal. All was well, except that it took me two hours to make the sambal, and another three to make one container's worth of prawn rolls. By the time I was done, I was reaaaaady to meet the Zzzz's.

Nevertheless, the delicious prawn rolls were really worth the effort. And I guess I'm thankful for having had the luxury of eating them years ago in my childhood. Had I not, I don't believe I would have decided to learn how to make them.

Ahh...they are calling me now. Ciao!

(Recipe to follow soon)

No comments: